6.13.2012

Job Search - Day Three Post-Grad:

Today I applied for three receptionist/personal assistant jobs via Craigslist. I'm worried that by sending my super fancy resume via a pdf attached to an email people who don't have pdf capabilities or know what a pdf is won't look at my stuff. Is this a common concern? Should I go back to more plain fonts and less graphic intensity and specialization so anyone on any computer can open a .doc file from me?

There is no one around to answer these questions for me, maybe someone will comment and respond to my queries but I kind of doubt it.

In the meantime I'm watching the West Wing, eating veggie burgers for breakfast, and burning books on tape to my laptop so I have something other than Nicki Minaj's "Starships" to listen to (how did I get started on her?).

OH WAIT

Just got an email from a job I applied for earlier. College does not teach you how to tell if a job offer/email sounds like it's from a crazy person or not. If someone offers to let you work from home for $500 do you do it? Doesn't that sound weird? How do they get you the money?

Life is way harder as a real live adult than people would lead you to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment