8.29.2012

Update! I have officially and 100% moved out of my house. I can't believe I lived there so long and accumulated so much junk over the years. I moved probably 85% of it to my apartment and already I'm starting to comb through and get rid of things. I've made a ton of trips to Goodwill and Value Village to drop stuff off which leads to purchasing things and the cycle just never ends.

I'm trying to be more conscious about what I bring into this new space and make sure that it's utilitarian and will last.

For instance, I bought this table:

I got it for $15 and the chair for $4 because it's a good size, it's made of wood, it has four legs and it was cheap! The top is solid wood which is more than I can say for the other tables I was looking at from Target, Ikea, etc. which were $60 at least and particle board covered in vinyl.


I've been *ahem* obtaining lavender from around town and stuffing vases/chairs with it to freshen up the apartment which has an odd odor I can't stand.



I reused a bathroom rack to put canned items and bulk foods on. 
It fits perfectly in the corner by my fridge and that was better than throwing it away.


All of the racks seen in my cupboard are from the Dollar Store! Incredible! They are cheap, yes, but it lets me store things like this instead of stacked which makes them harder to access. 
It also helps because my dish drying rack is incredibly tiny and it's nice to put plates back in the cupboard.


More of my new apartment to come. I keep stuffing it with things and then trying to re-organize them to make them disappear from sight but that has slowed down as I have filled underneath my bed and all of my totes and whatnot in the living room. I'm going to end up like Carrie on Sex and the City and have sweaters in my stove. Well maybe not, but I will have Halloween decorations in the cabinet above my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment