8.21.2012

Just a quick update before I run away again.

I finally got internet in my apartment (which took a grand total of 27 minutes to call and find out I just had to physically move my modem to my apartment...) which hopefully will mean more blogging, yay!

Thanks to everyone who apparently reads this, I see my "views" count tick upwards but I never hear from anyone so I just continue writing and hope that someday someone will comment or mention liking something.

It's been two weeks since I got the keys to my very own apartment and these 14 days have been filled with ups and downs. I can definitely say moving is harder than I imagined and definitely more stressful than I would like to admit. I would label myself as an independent young woman and it was horribly difficult to ask for help from people but I did and I was glad that I finally caved and stared bribing people to help me. With the help of my friends about 98% of my stuff is here and the rest is probably going to be donated to Goodwill or thrown away. I think that moving has been great for me, a hoarder, to go through all of my things and decide whether or not it was worth moving my collection of soggy sidewalk chalk or not. I did keep two giant t.v.s, a lot of cookery that I probably will never use and some other knick-knacks but I figure someday they will come in handy. I'm also working very hard to figure out storage in this new abode; my old house had basically unlimited storage between closets, cubbies and a giant shed so having one closet (UGH) and a deck makes things difficult.

I will have more photos to post as I continue to organize and decorate. I moved my sewing machine, I just need something to put it on to get started on some of my drape projects and fix my bathroom curtain. In the meantime I'm scouring Goodwill and Value Village to find a dining room table and chairs and a couch. Now, when I find that couch let's hope it shrinks or can fold or deflate to fit into the back of my car otherwise I'm in real trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment