7.16.2012

Attempting to become a "real adult" has proved more difficult than I imagined it would.

My new job is fabulous, I'm settling into a new routine and trying to force myself into a normal sleep schedule.

On other fronts I'm becoming a tad frantic.

I need to find an apartment before August 30th. I have some wants and needs for specifications, a price range, etc. but finding affordable housing is hard. Being a real adult in the sense that I will get to live all by myself will be wonderful but getting there has turned out to be quite the process. I have emailed probably half a dozen landlords/real estate companies about different apartments and houses for rent and have always gotten bad results. If something is posted on craigslist at 10:30 it seems strange that in an email at 2:30 the unit already has someone in it. Regardless I think I've found something that will work - it meets most of my specifications and it's cheap which is more than I can say about the rest of the places I've been in love with. A co-worker from my old job (hi Georgia!) would be my neighbor in the building and it would be fun to know someone in close proximity. I think I will sacrifice location for price and in-unit laundry for limited number of units and multiple laundry facilities.

Now, another challenge has presented itself that I haven't had to apply for an apartment before. I live in a house that is privately owned and let's just say the landlords are rather loose and fancy-free with their lease agreements/tenant arrangements. It's been a fine arrangement for me but now I'm freaked out about applying for a REAL apartment. I also will probably have to overlap this rent with the other and run into some issues there.

We shall see!

For now I'm researching how to make furniture out of pallets and old grandma things for cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment