9.03.2012

It's been almost a month since I took the plunge into alone-living. I have absolutely LOVED it 99.9% of the time. But when I'm putting up a shower curtain, or I shake a martini too hard and throw it all over my kitchen, or I make waaaay too much food I wish there was someone else here to at least witness it.

Last night was the first time I thought I was going to wake up with some psycho knife-wielding man standing over my bed. It seems like that was bound to happen and I fell asleep eventually so I guess it's okay to have those thoughts every now and then. I can't remember if I mentioned it before or not but I chose to change the locks on my apartment since my management company doesn't do it automatically (DUMB!). It cost me $70 but the peace of mind it's given me has been well worth it.

This upcoming week will be a short one, I have the day off today from work and it's my first paid holiday ever. I'm going to brave the 50% sales at the thrift stores to find some more apartment items before watching some serious movies before I go back to the grind tomorrow. Friday I meet up with my family on Orcas Island which is very exciting. Despite being able to see the San Juan Islands for the last four years I've never been out to them so I'm pretty excited. And seeing Your Sister's Sister definitely made me want to trek out there.

Wish me luck on the sales! I neglected to realize that putting up all of my art in my living room would leave nothing for my bedroom so half my apartment looks homey and the rest looks like a mental ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment